04 January 2012

New Generation


Four of my grandchildren , and their laptops below. After having 2 days of horrific problems with google.. I trully needed them to be near to me these last few days, to give me a few tips.

This new generation of techno kids, just seem to whizz through it all. Everytime i see them on their computers , they are doing something new.
When grandma, asks " Do you know how to do this".. reply is.. "oh grandma.." its easy peezy..
Like as if! for me that is anyhow! . I have been using the internet and e mails for some years now.. I can find what am looking for quite easily and do most things .. but the blogging is confusing.
When i see my grandchildren and how very clever they are.. I trully think i am getting too old for this. They of course, think its great. They truly keep me on my toes, and for them i must continue.
I took this photo of the 4 of them at my son's Herdade dos Alfanges.. its where i spend most of my time over the weekends and holidays, that is if i dont have guests. He is my neighbour. Its great, i can just walk there or them to me. the kids hop into the jeep and come over ..usually to see whats going on and what grandma has baked..


9 comments:

  1. Hello Val
    I just received your comment on my blog telling of the horrors you have experienced these past few days. Oh computers can be our friend and enemy! I also rely on family to help when I have glitches, frankly without their help I would have given up blogging by now.
    I love the new site and will follow once again when I am on my computer (writing this comment from my phone). Bravo to you Val for continuing your blog journey.
    xx
    Ps. How wonderful that your dear family are your neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Annie, for your support..
    I am still not over the whole thing.. it took me ages to get the whole blog set up.. I really dont know what happened..except the computer crashed.. well i am back with this new blog.. and will continue to try and make my blogs interesting..
    best wishes ..val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just found your blog, and really feel for you. I too rely on the family if I have problems. I have to Skype my son in Norway for help, and he is very patient. Sorry you have lost all of your past posts - that is really frustrating for you. Good luck with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rosemary..Very nice of you to pass by..
    I think this will be ok now.
    best wishes for 2012
    val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Val! That's fantastic to see your little (or big) helpers! It is also important for the rest of us that you keep going! The blogging world would definitely become poor without you! xxx Christa PS. Brocante is the French word for fleamarket... it thought it is the same in English... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such encouraging words of support Christa... thank you..xx
    its very much appreciated.. I thought i was going to loose you all.. it made me quite ill.. alas.. here we are again on track.
    So, you went to the flea market.. Hope you found a few nice little bargains.
    Here in the country they dont have them.. but in Lisbon there is a big one , once a month..
    val

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val. Your new blog is beautiful. I am so sorry for all the trouble you have had. I am glad you are up and going again! So nice to see your grandchildren. What a blessing that they are close. -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lisa.. thank you so much for understanding.. my computer just shut down..
    Ahh well..back on track.. am so happy to see your blog is now here..
    Hope your day was a good one Lisa!! kind wishes.. val

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, Thanks for letting me know that you move over to a new blog site. Sorry to hear you had problems that must have been so upsetting. Loved the picture of your grandkids and their computers! Nice to have lots of helpers. Remember we are never too old to learn something new beside it is a great way to keep connected with the younger generation. I'm following on your new site, thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete