13 January 2012

Pride of Place



While my son Miguel, was cleaning out an old surgery he bought some many years ago for his brand new dental practice.. He asked me to come and see if there was anything i might like..

While looking around i spied this tall chest hidden and covered with dust behind some old papers and boxes,I fell in love with it immedietly. On opening the drawers , there were old medical insturments and all sorts that dentists use old and disusused from the last century.. of course they were duly put into the rubbish.
During the following weeks.. the old tall chest was brought to my cottage.. I worked on cleaning and sprucing it up for a week.. I was so happy with the result.. It now has pride of place in Olive cottage.
I use it for my cd collection, and my files..
The arrangement in the lovely tin flowerd bowl is silk peonies.. they will be there until the roses and flowers start to bloom again and guests come to Rose Cottage.

5 comments:

  1. i understand why you fell in love with it!
    it is so beautiful. like most forgoten old furniture i think : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks demie..thats just how i feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous find Val. I certainly could not have said no to this beautiful cabinet either. Looks like you have placed it in the perfect spot too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Val
    I tried your new blog link you left with a comment on RRC but it's not working? I'm afraid I'm missing your posts
    (hope you receive this message)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val,
    I found you !!!Have a nice weekend !!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete